Saturday, August 25, 2012

Don't Blink!

This past week, I spent some time re-reading my posts from this time last year. I still can't believe that in 24 days, we will celebrate the one year anniversary of bringing Lynleigh Ren into our family! Wow! Does it seem like that long? In just 11 short months, she has gone from this...
To this!

I mean, I can't even remember that scrawny, scared little girl that walked up to us like she knew we were her parents. When I looked back at the blog, I can't get over one of the first pictures of Lynleigh. I was holding her but she was leaning towards her nanny. I wouldn't recognize that little girl today!
This little girl right here loves her Mommy and Daddy! She can't live without a hair bow! And she's the boss of the Pillstrom house! This weekend, Lynleigh and I got to spend some quality time together while the boys were out of town. We have had some sweet time together! All she's wanted to do this weekend is hug and kiss, and believe me, I'm all for that! I was a little worried when I started school because she had regressed a little. But this girl loves her baby sitter and now that she's in a routine, she's been such a little sweetie! She's about 90% potty trained. The other 10% would be during the night. She still wears a pull-up to bed because she drinks a lot of milk during the day. It may be a while before we make it to panties at night.
One of my favorite things Lynleigh does is mimic me. She's always wanting to put on make up and she will hold her purse just like me. Today, while I was blow drying my hair, I looked up to find her doing the same!

She cracks me up! In 24 days, we will celebrate our Gotcha Day...in 25, Miss Thang turns 3! I still can't get over that she's here and we get to see her grow! I sometimes feel like I blinked and the year passed us by! Here's to the next year and the many adventures it will hold! And stay tuned for the birthday of the year! You know it's coming up soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment