Tuesday, January 5, 2010

1/5/2010

It feels weird writing 2010! I haven't become "friends" with "10" yet, so until we get to know each other...I will be writing 2010! Now, on to the news of the day.

This afternoon I talked with the social worker we've chosen for our home study. While we haven't "officially" turned in our application, she wants to go ahead and meet with us to get the ball rolling! What? This is becoming a reality! Holy Cow!

I'm so excited. Of course I have tons of questions and we will fill out so much paper work it won't even be funny. But that's ok. It will all be worth it in the end! She mentioned to me that the home study is only valid for a year and our fingerprints for 15 months. I asked what happens if it takes longer. She said since we were going to adopt a Child of Promise (cleft) that I didn't have to worry about it taking that long. She seemed very excited to know that we already have experience in this area with Kaden and that made me feel great! And to think it "won't take that long"!!!!!!!! OMgoodness! I can't believe it!

Please be praying for us. We meet with her next Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment