Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it's FINALLY 2010! I know, I know...it's literally been forever since I've updated this blog. I would give you a million reasons...but frankly...I haven't had much to blog about. But now.......it's 2010......and we are about to hop on the road to one of the most amazing journey's of our lives!

Let me get you up to day on our story. Two years ago, Tony and I, after many financially dumb decisions, joined a new small group at church. Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace. We were sick and tired of being sick and tired....one of Dave's famous quotes! Anyway, one of our long term goals was to start trying to adopt. Tony wanted to wait until we were out of debt completely....I was too impatient! So, as a compromise, we decided that in January of 2010, we would officially apply.

So, for two years...which then seemed long...but now is unreal it's here...I prayed for Baby China (our little nickname Brady came up with a long time ago). I prayed for her birth mother and the tough decisions she would have to make in the future. I prayed for God to comfort and bless this woman whom we will never know but will be forever grateful for her sacrifice. And I just prayed in general!

This weekend, we met with another family who is in the process of adopting their second child from China. They showed us everything from the financial papers we will need to fill out to the forms we need to go ahead and get started on collecting. When we left there, we were both so excited. Since that night, I have been praying and of course obsessing over what is to come!

Tony gets paid twice this month and on his second paycheck, we will be sending off our application. I love that he budgeted it in for the month! Thus begins the journey! I know that I know in my heart that this has been God's plan for me since I was a little girl! When Kaden was born, I didn't understand why our baby was born with a cleft lip. I knew God obviously had something in store and I feel this is the moment for that plan! We have decided that we will try to adopt a baby with a cleft lip also. I'm excited about this because the estimated wait time is 12-18 months! It's so sad that they throw away these perfect little angels but I'm grateful for their decisions!

Please joins us in prayer as we follow God across the big, big ocean to a place where so many other dreams have come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment