Wednesday, May 11, 2011

50 Isn't Always Nifty!

I pride myself on knowing the 50 states in alphabetical order thanks to a well known tune called "Fifty Nifty United States." I even taught Brady the song long before he had to learn it in school!!!
But today...I'm not feeling that fifty is so nifty!

You see, today marks day 50 that we have been waiting on our LOA. And like the 50 on this birthday cake...it's not a number that I was looking forward too! At 36 years old, 50 seems so far away. $50 seems like a lot of money, especially to someone on a budget. 50 days to me seems like the longest time ever! I just don't like the number 50 today!

The waiting process of adoption got me to thinking about how we are trained to be "get it now" people. Last night, I took the boys by the donut shop to see what time they closed. Brady wanted to take donuts to his class today so we went by around 7. Unfortunatly, they had already closed for the day but open bright and early at 5am. Well, Kaden, who often throws a fit when he doesn't get his way, had a melt down! He wanted donuts and he wanted them right then. I started thinking that from 7pm to 5am must seem like forever to a five year old. Then I realized that the time it would take for him to get a donut was equal to the time we've waited for our LOA in his mind! So, here I am today..."paitently" waiting (as we have been forced to do this whole process) and hoping that this week will be our turn!

No comments:

Post a Comment