Monday, May 16, 2011

Day 55

"Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again- my Savior and my God!" Psalm 42:11

So, I log on to Facebook this morning to see several people had posted this verse as their status. Wow! I needed to hear that one today! This weekend was really hard! We are now on day 55 of our wait for LOA and I have found myself on the verge of tears all weekend! It seems like everyone asked me about the adoption this weekend. I'm so happy that so many people care about us and are interested in knowing but it's hard telling them that we still have no news. I guess it's just that I'm so disappointed in how slow things are moving that I'm just letting any thought of the adoption get me down!

I have a friend who has been trying for more than a year to get pregnant and each month she gets the disappointing news that she's not pregnant. I can't imagine what she is going through and I feel so guilty that I'm being a cry baby about waiting on paper work when she is waiting to even get pregnant!

So, this verse today was really uplifting! Because I am discouraged and I am sad but I know that I need to be praising HIM and not wallowing in my sadness. So, I am praising HIM for all that he has done and for taking care of my sweet Lynleigh while I can't. And I'm praying for paperwork to be sent to us this week because it's killing me to know that my little girl is sitting there and there is nothing I can do to make this move any faster!

1 comment:

  1. So yeah this verse hit me really hard this morning too. I was very discouraged this weekend too. Just keep patiently waiting for his timing because only his timing is perfect. Once you hold that sweet little girl for the first time you will say thank you Lord that it was in this exact moment when you gave her to me because this was perfect timing! I know you don't get all mushy (which when Lynleigh gets here she might change all of that) but I do love you and I am praying for you constantly!

    ReplyDelete