Friday, May 13, 2011

Humbling

So, I'm riding my bike yesterday afternoon (a much needed ride since I haven't been able too all week)and one of my all time favorite songs comes on my ipod. It's Chris Tomlin's "How Can I Keep From Singing." I love this song! I love using sign language when I sing it at church. And yesterday afternoon, it was a much needed answer to a recent prayer. As you know, we are currently waiting on our LOA to arrive from China and it's been killing me to wait on what is now day 52. As I focused on listening to the words of this song, I realized that I have only been asking God when and never praising him for it all!
As I sang along, as breathless as I usually am on an 8 mile bike ride, I started tearing up when I thought of how I haven't been praising HIM for everything about the adoption that has happened. Instead, I have been questioning HIM and accuing HIM of not being fast enoough! So, here are the words I heard whispered into my heart as I sped down my favorite hill with tears in my eyes!

There is an endless song
Echoes in my soul
I hear the music ring

And though the storms may come
I am holding on
To the rock I cling

How can I keep from singing Your praise
How can I ever say enough
How amazing is Your love
How can I keep from shouting Your name
I know LYNLIEGH is loved by the King
And it makes my heart want to sing

I will lift my eyes
In the darkest night
For I know my Savior lives

And I will walk with You
Knowing You'll see me through
And sing the songs You give

How can I keep from singing your praise? How can I ever say enough, how amazing is your love? How can I keep from shouting your name? I know LYNLEIGH is loved by the king, and it makes my heart want to sing

I can sing in the troubled times
Sing when I win
I can sing when I lose my step
And fall down again
I can sing 'cause You pick me up
Sing 'cause You're there
I can sing 'cause You hear me, Lord
When I call to You in prayer
I can sing with my last breath
Sing for I know
That I'll sing with the angels
And the saints around the throne
how can i keep from singing your praise how can i ever say enough how amazing is your love how can i keep from shouting your name a know i am loved by the king and it makes my heart LYNLEIGH is loved by the king and it makes my heart i am loved by the king and it makes my heart want to sing

i can sing

I don't know why it took time alone, listening to praise songs, to realize that HE is working it all out. I can lean on him during this time and know that Lynleigh is being taken care of. I can praise him for her life and how she is being taken care of during this time. I can praise him for a warm place for her to sleep and food in her chunky monkey belly. I forgot that! But I am humbled that HE would remind me during this waiting period.

No comments:

Post a Comment